Saturday 17 August 2013

100 Quilts for Kids

Over at Swim Bike Quilt, Katie Blakesley is having her 100 Quilts for kids annual charity drive.

Once a year Katie encourages everyone to make a quilt for charity (preferably a local one), and then donate it to a child in need. There are some fantastic prizes to be won as well. Once your quilt is make, you can link up a photo to be in the draw.

To find out more about this, head on over to Swim Bike Quilt or click the button below :)



http://swimbikequilt.com/2013/07/100-quilts-for-kids-charity-quilt-drive-starts-today.html


I have always wanted to donate a quilt, and now seems like a good time to start. I'm thinking it could become an annual thing for me :)
I know the Royal Children's Hospital where Little Miss E had her heart surgery accepts quilts and other things (well they did 4 years ago when we were staying there). I'd love to give something back to that place as without the dedicated nurses and doctors, she wouldn't be here with us today.

Quilts have to be finished by the 30th of September. I'm going to see if I cant round a few friends up to make one with me as well :)

Watch this space!

Jessica



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you :)